The original village of Short Pump is located at the intersection of Three Chopt Road (formerly known as Three Notched Trail), Richmond Turnpike and Pouncey Tract Road. It was named for the short handled pump that was located beneath the porch of a tavern located there. The tavern was built by Robert Hyde Saunders, a Revolutionary War veteran in 1815. This area was on the principal route between Richmond and Charlottesville, as well as other towns in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Thomas Jefferson, the Earl Cornwallis, the Marquis de Lafayette, General Peter Muhlenberg, Stonewall Jackson and Ulric Dahlgren all visited this area.
Short Pump’s population has greatly increased in recent years[when?] due to its proximity to Richmond. It has now become part of Richmond’s Far West End. In 2003, developers opened Short Pump Town Center, a 1,200,000-square-foot (110,000 m2) open air shopping mall. The mall has now been joined by other massive shopping and living spaces, most notably West Broad Village
Short Pump has many shopping centers and upscale restaurants. There is also a skating rink, bowling alley and many neighborhoods under development. The area is an affluent edge city of Richmond.
We are looking for more photos of the area. If you have any HD photos feel free to send to email@example.com